Ranked awesome lists, all in one place
This list is a copy of tmcw/awesome-geojson with ranks
awesome geojson ★73813
GeoJSON utilities that will make your life easier.
- CoGran ★80: Resample statistics from one set of GeoJSON polygons to another
- geo_assigner ★0: Copy a property to all intersecting features
- geojson-coords ★12: Extract coordinates from GeoJSON
- geojson-extent: compute the bounding box of geojson features
- geojson-flatten: flatten multi geometries into normal geometries
- geojson-multiply ★1 ⏳1Y: merge normal geojson features into one multi geometry type feature
- geojson-merge ★70: Merge multiple GeoJSON files into one FeatureCollection.
- geojson-normalize ★16: normalize any geojson object into a geojson featurecollection
- geojson-pick: remove all but specified properties from features in a geojson featurecollection
- geojson-random: generate random geojson points, lines, and polygons
- geojson-rewind ★30: enforce ring winding order
- geojson-summary ★27: get a plain-english summary of what’s in a geojson file
- point-grouper ★26 ⏳3Y: group geojson points into containing polygons
- geojson-join: join geojson against json, dbf, and csv files
- simplify-geojson ★81 ⏳1Y: apply the ramer-douglas-peucker line simplification to geojson features or feature collections in JS or on the CLI
- turf ★3188: collection of functions for spatial operations and analysis
editors & viewers
- geojson.io: web-based editor, supports many filetype imports & exports, operations, sharing via GitHub
- umap: web-based editor, supports sharing on-site
- simple geojson editor: geojson editor on a google map, by google
- mapstarter: helps generate svg, images, and code from GeoJSON
- gjv ★47: electron app enables viewing GeoJSON locally and hack on it with turf; works offline
- GeoJSON editor: a modified version of Google’s simple geojson editor
- geojson2image: library for generating images from GeoJSON
- dropchop: browser-based GIS based on Turf.js
- geojsonhint ★156: find errors in your geojson files
- geojsonio-cli ★110: send geojson features to geojson.io from your command line
- geojsonio-extension ★1 ⏳4Y: chrome extension for editing github files in geojson.io
- geojsonlint: REST interface for GeoJSON validation
- mapshaper: Simple interface for simplification and conversion of GeoJSON and TopoJSON
- koop: Server with plugins that recast Esri, GitHub, Socrata and other services as GeoJSON endpoints
- featureserver: An open source Esri-Style Feature Server
- csv2geojson ★186: convert CSV to geojson
- geojson-mapnikify ★22: Transform GeoJSON objects into Mapnik XML stylesheets with embedded GeoJSON data and simplestyle-spec-derived styles.
- geojson-vt ★728: Slice GeoJSON into vector tiles on the fly in the browser
- geojson2dsv: convert geojson to csv and tsv
- geojson2rtree ★4 ⏳3Y: generate a static rtree (using terraformer) from a set of geojson features
- ogr2ogr: convert anything to anything
- fiona ★390: nice python interface on top of ogr
- minjur ★48: converts OpenStreetMap data to GeoJSON faster than anything else
- shp2json ★121 ⏳1Y: convert shapefile zip archives to streaming GeoJSON
- togeojson ★675: convert gpx & kml to geojson
- tokml ★83: convert geojson to KML
- topojson ★3125: convert GeoJSON to & from TopoJSON, join data from CSV
- vt-geojson ★40 ⏳1Y: Extract GeoJSON from Mapbox vector tiles
- wellknown ★127: convert wkt to geojson
- osmtogeojson ★274: convert OpenStreetMap data to GeoJSON
- esri2open ★221 ⏳2Y converts proprietary Esri formats to GeoJSON
- gtfs2geojson: convert GTFS transit data to GeoJSON
- geoxform: convert any size stream of geojson into a streaming csv, shapefile or kml, etc.
- supercluster ★465: A fast GeoJSON clustering library for browsers and Node.
- rfc7946-to-d3: Converts polygon winding order between rfc7946 and d3 compatible ★248 conventions.
- geojson-svgify ★4: Convert GeoJSON geometry paths to SVG polyline elements.
- geojson-to-svg-cli ★4: Command line tool to convert GeoJSON to SVG.
- natural earth: country, province, and geographical data
- geojson.xyz: natural earth data in web-friendly sizes with hotlinking
- world-atlas ★482: customizable simplified versions of natural earth data
- geo-maps ★735: High Quality GeoJSON maps programmatically generated.
- openflights-geojson: openflights airports & airplane routes
- us-atlas ★545: geojson & topojson for United States features
- metro-extracts: regional OpenStreetMap data as GeoJSON
- whereonearth-airport ★13 ⏳4Y: outlines of every airport
- whereonearth-building ★5 ⏳6Y: building outlines
- whereonearth repos: other features output from GeoPlanet by Aaron Straup Cope
- tgn-geojson ★13 ⏳2Y: The Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN) As GeoJSON.
- strava-to-geojsonio ★5 ⏳3Y: export runs & rides from Strava to GeoJSON
- strava-geojson: export all strava data to geojson, in node & on the web
- python-geojson ★292: serialize geojson to/from python datatypes
- rgeo-geojson ★119: serialize geojson to/from ruby RGeo datatypes
- rust-geojson ★49: serialize geojson to/from rust datatypes
- geojson-jackson ★116: serialize GeoJSON to and from Java datatypes (based on Jackson)
- mapbox-java: serialize GeoJSON to and from Java datatypes (based on Gson ★11109)
- RFC 7946 – The GeoJSON Format: the current GeoJSON standard by IETF
- GeoJSON.org: the first specification, defining all the rules for GeoJSON structures
- More than you ever wanted to know about GeoJSON: a review of the concepts behind the specification in a more narrative format.
To the extent possible under law, Tom MacWright has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
This list is a copy of tmcw/awesome-geojson with ranks