Ranked awesome lists, all in one place
This list is a copy of fasouto/awesome-dataviz with ranks
A curated list of awesome data visualizations frameworks, libraries and software. Inspired by awesome-python ★51865.
- Awesome dataviz
- Chart.js - Charts with the canvas tag.
- Chartist.js - Responsive charts with great browser compatibility.
- dc.js ★6277 is an multi-Dimensional charting built to work natively with crossfilter.
- Dimple - An object-oriented API for business analytics.
- Dygraphs - Interactive line charts library that works with huge datasets.
- Echarts - Highly customizable and interactive charts ready for big datasets. React wrapper ★1297
- Epoch ★4938 - Perfect to create real-time charts.
- Highcharts ★7742 - Highcharts makes it easy for developers to set up interactive charts in their web pages.
- MetricsGraphics.js - Optimized for time-series data.
- NVD3 ★6548 - A reusable charting library written in d3.js.
- Plotly.js ★8356 - Powerful declarative library with support for 20 chart types.
- TechanJS - Stock and financial charts.
Charting libraries for graphs
- Cola.js - A tool to create diagrams using constraint-based optimization techniques. Works with d3 and svg.js.
- CARTO ★1860 - CARTO is an open source tool that allows for the storage and visualization of geospatial data on the web.
- Cesium ★3270 - WebGL 3D globes and maps.
- DataMaps ★2829 - Interactive SVG maps using D3.js.
- Mapael ★870 - jQuery plugin based on raphael.js to display vector maps.
- See Awesome D3 ★3784
- React-vis ★3725 - React components to build data visualizations.
- Recharts ★9226 - Declarative react components to render D3 charts.
- Victory - Composable components for building interactive data visualizations
- nivo ★2521 - Supercharged dataviz components for React with isomorphic ability, demo.
- Number Picture - Low-level building blocks for constructing animated visualizations with React & D3.
- React Svg Textures ★12 - Textures.js ported to React. Fully isomorphic.
- Piecon ★2351 ⏳2Y - Pie charts in your favicon.
- Textures.js - A library to create SVG patterns.
- Timeline.js - Create interactive timelines.
- Vega - Vega is a visualization grammar, a declarative format for creating, saving, and sharing interactive visualization designs.
- Vis.js - A dynamic visualization library including timeline, networks and graphs (2D and 3D).
- DecoView ★878 - Animated circular wheel chart library.
- MPAndroidChart ★22846 - A powerful & easy to use chart library.
- WilliamChart ★3862 - Simple chart library.
- Best Excel Maps - Choropleth maps for Microsoft Excel.
- LargeVis ★398 - implementation of the LargeVis paper, used to visualize large-scale and high-dimensional data.
- PlotJuggler ★114 - open-source Qt5 application to plot charts (based on Qwt).
- Visualization Toolkit (VTK) - open-source library for 3d Graphics, image processing and visualization.
- svgo ★1067 - Go Language Library for SVG generation.
- BEMSimpleLineGraph ★2715 - Highly customizable and interactive line graphs.
- Charts ★18592 - iOS port of MPAndroidChart. You can create charts for both platforms with very similar code.
- JBChartView ★3806 - Charting library for both line and bar graphs.
- PNChart ★9316 - A simple and beautiful chart lib used in Piner and CoinsMan.
- altair - Declarative statistical visualizations, based on Vega-lite.
- bokeh - Interactive Web Plotting for Python.
- diagram ★323 ⏳1Y - Text mode diagrams using UTF-8 characters
- ggplot ★3333 - plotting system based on R’s ggplot2.
- glumpy ★429 - OpenGL scientific visualizations library.
- holoviews - Complex and declarative visualizations from annotated data.
- mayai - interactive scientific data visualization and 3D plotting in Python.
- matplotlib - 2D plotting library.
- missingno ★967 - provides flexible toolset of data-visualization utilities that allows quick visual summary of the completeness of your dataset, based on matplotlib.
- plotly - Interactive web based visualization built on top of plotly.js ★8356
- PyQtGraph - Interactive and realtime 2D/3D/Image plotting and science/engineering widgets.
- seaborn - A library for making attractive and informative statistical graphics.
- toyplot - The kid-sized plotting toolkit for Python with grownup-sized goals.
- veusz - Python multiplatform GUI plotting tool and graphing library
- VisPy - High-performance scientific visualization based on OpenGL.
- vtk - 3D computer graphics, image processing, and visualization that includes a Python interface.
- ggplot2 - A plotting system based on the grammar of graphics.
- ggvis - A data visualization package with a syntax similar to ggplot2 which allows you to create rich interactive graphics.
- lattice - trellis graphics for R
- plotly ★1242 - Interactive charts (including adding interactivity to ggplot2 output), cartograms and simple network diagrams
- rbokeh - R Interface to Bokeh.
- rgl - 3D Visualization Using OpenGL
- shiny - Framework for creating interactive applications/visualisations
- visNetwork - Interactive network visualisations
- Chartkick ★4811 - Create charts with one line of Ruby.
- viz-js.com - A hack to put Graphviz on the web
- wavedrom.com - Draws your Timing Diagram or Waveform from simple textual description
- websequencediagrams.com - Sequence diagrams using simple markup
Tools that are not tied to a particular platform or language.
- Charted - A charting tool that produces automatic, shareable charts from any data file.
- Circos - Visualizes data in a circular layout, ideal for exploring relationships between objects or positions. Mirror on github ★3 ⏳1Y.
- Gephi ★2693 - An open-source platform for visualizing and manipulating large graphs
- Lightning - A data-visualization server providing API-based access to reproducible, web-based, interactive visualizations.
- RAW - Create web visualizations from CSV or Excel files.
- Spark ★5061 - Sparklines for the shell. It have several implementations in different languages.
- Design for Information by Isabel Meirelles.
- The Best American Infographics 2014 by Gareth Cook.
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte.
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics by Dona M. Wong
- Visualization Analysis and Design by Tamara Munzner.
- Interactive Data Visualization for the Web by Scott Murray. Available to read online. Focused on D3.
- Data Visualization Toolkit by Barrett Austin Clark. Uses D3, Ruby on Rails, Postgres, PostGIS, & Leaflet.
- Alberto Cairo
- Benjamin Wiederkehr
- Martin Wattenberg
- Mike Bostock
- Nadieh Bremer
- NYT Graphics
- Ann K. Emery’s blog
- Gnuplotting - Gnuplot tutorials
- Information is Beautiful
- Junk Charts - Kaiser Fung takes apart why certain datavizes work/don’t work
- Lisa Rost thinks and discusses about why we dataviz
- Makeover Monday blog - #MakeoverMonday on twitter
- The Data Visualization Catalogue - A collection of data visualization methods, with pros and cons.
- the functional art
- The Open News blog - Open news has some good dataviz related articles from time to time
- The Pudding
- Truth & Beauty Operations
- University of Washington Interactive Data Lab Papers
- vis4.net - Random thoughts on visualization and data journalism by Gregor Aisch
- Visual Complexity - A site about the visualization of complex networks.
- Please check for duplicates first.
- Keep descriptions short, simple and unbiased.
- Please make an individual commit for each suggestion
- Add a new category if needed.
Thanks for your suggestions!
To the extent possible under law, Fabio Souto has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.
This list is a copy of fasouto/awesome-dataviz with ranks