Ranked awesome lists, all in one place
This list is a copy of dreikanter/sublime-bookmarks with ranks
Sublime Text Bookmarks ★87749
Sublime Text is a cross-platform text and source code editor, with a Python application programming interface. Its functionality is extendable with plugins. Most of the extending packages have free-software licenses and are community-built and maintained. — Wikipedia
This tiny project follows GitHub community trend ★87749 to aggregate the most essential bookmarks for specific subject in the form of a handy well-structured collection. Here you will find tutorials and learning materials for Sublime Text, general purpose extensions for coding and text editing, and specialized extensions grouped by usage profiles.
This list not supposed to include absolutely all Sublime Text plugins, due we already have Package Control for this. It is intended to be a starting point helping to setup working environment, or check out for new extensions to make your existing Sublime setup more awesome. You may find ★ here and there in the list. It stands for Editors’ Choice. Sharing and pull requests are very much appreciated!
Things to Start From
- Sublime Text home page
- Package Control — the first thing to do after the ST installation is to setup the package manager.
- Unofficial Documentation — is a first link inside the official documentation TOC. It’s a good starting point for noobs, as well as a detailed reference for proficient users.
- Shortcut Cheat Sheet for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows versions of Sublime Text 3.
- ShortcutFoo — shortcut usage training.
- Sublime Productivity by Josh Earl.
- Writing Sublime Plugins by Josh Earl.
- Mastering Sublime Text by Dan Peleg (PACKT).
News and Tips
- Sublime Blog — official news.
- Sublime Text Tips — tips and tricks for mastering Sublime Text (twitter).
- @SublimePackages — Latest published packages for SublimeText 2&3, news, tutorials, tips & tricks from the users community. Gently curated by @n1k0.
- Official Forum — general discussion, technical support, ideas and feature requests.
- Sublime Reddit — user-generated news links and discussions.
- SuperUser: version 2, version 3, and version-agnostic questions.
- The Complete Visual Guide to Sublime Text 3: Getting Started and Keyboard Shortcuts (free course).
- Sublime Text 3 From Scratch by Jesse Liberty (Pluralsight).
- Sublime Text 2 by Mike Riley (Pragmatic Studio).
- Perfect Workflow in Sublime Text 2 — 34 video free lessons at Nettuts+.
Alive projects only, with Sublime Text version 3 support.
- Sidebar Enhancements ★128 — provides enhancements to the operations on Sidebar of Files and Folders.
- Trailing Spaces ★841 — highlight trailing spaces and delete them in a flash.
- GitGutter ★3715 — a plugin to see git diff in gutter.
- EditorConfig ★1613 — .editorconfig support.
- SublimeLinter — a plugin that provides a framework for linting code. Whatever language you code in, SublimeLinter can help you write cleaner, better, more bug-free code. SublimeLinter has been designed to provide maximum flexibility and usability for users and maximum simplicity for linter authors.
- Sublime Alignment ★487 ⏳2Y — a simple key-binding for aligning multi-line and multiple selections.
- ApplySyntax ★304 — a plugin that allows to detect and apply the syntax of files that might not otherwise be detected properly. For example, files with the .rb extension are usually Ruby files, but when they are found in a Rails project, they could be RSpec spec files, Cucumber step files, Ruby on Rails files (controllers, models, etc), or just plain Ruby files.
- All Autocomplete ★850 — extends the default autocomplete to find matches in all open files.
- SublimeREPL ★2018 — runs an interpreter inside ST2 (Clojure, CoffeeScript, F#, Groovy, Haskell, Lua, MozRepl, NodeJS, Python, R, Ruby, Scala, shell or configure one yourself).
- FindKeyConflicts ★136 ⏳1Y — identify conflicting key mappings.
- Glue ★257 — a cross-platform, extensible plug-in for Sublime Text 2 and 3 that connects your favorite editor to your shell.
- File Navigator ★51 ⏳4Y — keyboard-friendly file navigator and manager.
- Synesthesia ★14 ⏳3Y — a plugin for highlighting text with pretty colours.
- StyleToken ★32 ⏳1Y — allows to highlight certain pieces of text with different colors (similar to Notepad++ “Style token” functionality).
- Origami ★1006 — split the window however you like! Create new panes, delete panes, move and clone views from pane to pane.
- Sync Settings ★126 - The cross-platform solution to keep Sublime Text configuration synchronized
- SublimeFileBrowser ★330 - Ditch the sidebar and browse your files in a normal tab with your keyboard, like a pro! Also, Dired lets you modify your directory structure using the powerful text editing feature that ST provides.
- PackageResourceViewer ★243 ⏳1Y — View and Edit Sublime package resources. Helpful for extensions and themes development.
- Sublime Text setup ★748 ⏳2Y used in the Ruby on Rails Tutorial
- Setting up Sublime Text for Ruby development
- ChangeQuotes ★113 ⏳1Y — converts single to double or double to single quotes.
- RSpec plugin ★121
- BeautifyRuby ★244 ⏳1Y — beautifies Ruby code.
- Sublime Ruby Debugger ★429 ⏳1Y — a debugger plugin for interactive ruby and RoR debugging on Sublime Text.
- ProductiveSnippetsRuby ★111 — consistent set of alternative snippets, focusing on core and stdlib (Cheatsheet)
- Setting up Sublime Text for Python development
- Sublime Text 3 for Python development
- MagicPython ★988 — Syntax highlighter for cutting edge Python for Sublime Text and Atom.
- Rope ★541 — a Python refactoring library.
- SublimeLinter PEP 257 — an interface to PEP 257 (docstring style checker).
- Djaneiro ★823 — Django support.
- SublimePythonTidy ★42 ⏳5Y — PythonTidy integration.
- Anaconda ★1825 — autocompletion, code linting, IDE features, autopep8 formating, McCabe complexity checker and Vagrant for Sublime Text 3 using Jedi, PyFlakes, pep8, PyLint, pep257 and McCabe that will never freeze your Sublime Text.
- SublimeJEDI ★822 — Python autocompletion.
- CoffeeScript — syntax highlighting and checking, commands, shortcuts, snippets, compilation and more.
- Bump ★79 — plugin to keep package.json dependencies fresh. Shows latest npm/yarn dependency version in the neat tooltip on package hover.
Client Side Profile
- Emmet — a plugin for many popular text editors which greatly improves HTML & CSS workflow.
- HTMLPrettify ★1734
- GutterColor ★502 — displays color sample in the gutter for each line in CSS containing color code.
- Hayaku — fuzzy abbreviations, support for preprocessors (Sass, Less, Stylus) and a lot of other features in easily configurable set of tools for writing CSS faster.
- LaTeXTools ★1652 — an open-source plugin that simplifies working with LaTeX files.
- LaTeXing — an extension for which makes your life easier and more comfortable while creating your documents.
Markdown Editing Profile
- MarkdownEditing ★2406 — powerful Markdown package for Sublime Text with better syntax understanding and good color schemes.
- Markdown Preview ★2383 — preview and build your markdown files quickly in your web browser from Sublime Text.
Documentation and Help Systems
- GotoDocumentation ★128 — a plugin to jump to documentation for the current word.
- DashDoc ★1238 — Dash integration for Sublime Text.
- HowDoI — integration for instant coding answers search tool ★6417.
- Associating text editors with Git
- Command line usage (for OS X).
- Alfred Workflow to open files and folders in Sublime Text.
- LiveReload ★86 — a web browser page reloading plugin.
- Soda — Dark and light custom UI themes.
- Spacegray — A set of custom UI themes for Sublime Text 2/3. It’s all about hype and minimal. Comes in different flavors with accompanying Base16 color schemes. http://kkga.github.io/spacegray
- Cobalt2 ★1439 — A full featured Sublime Text blue theme
- Flatland ★2745 ⏳1Y — A simple theme and accompanying color scheme for Sublime Text 2 & 3. It is mostly derived from Soda, the right place to start for any custom theme development for Sublime.
- Material theme ★10499 — This theme brings the Material Design visual language. http://equinsuocha.io/material-theme
- Comfort ★2 ⏳2Y — A Wonderful theme for sublime Text!.
- Predawn ★1843 ⏳1Y — Dark interface and syntax theme for Sublime Text and Atom. http://jamiewilson.io/predawn
- Ayu ★2908 — A simple theme with bright colors and comes in three versions — dark, mirage and light for all day long comfortable work.
- Ciapre ★60 - An easy-on-the-eyes Sublime Text/TextMate color scheme.
- Sublime Theme Switcher ★17 — Painless theme selection.
- colorsublime.com - huge collection of color schemes for Sublime Text.
- http://tmtheme-editor.herokuapp.com — online editor for
tmThemeformat, with large gallery of Sublime Text/Textmate color schemes. GitHib project page: https://github.com/aziz/tmTheme-Editor
- Schemr ★141 ⏳1Y — allows you to quickly change your color scheme using the command palette and keyboard shortcuts.
- Themer - tool for generating color schemes (and matching themes for your other development tools, including wallpaper) from your favorite colors.
Some of the most popular schemes:
- Base 16 ★5776 — carefully chosen syntax highlighting and a default set of sixteen colors.
- Solarized — balanced dark and light themes.
- Dracula ★33 - spooky color scheme, perfect for Halloween. Also available for terminal and several other applications.
There is a LOT of unofficial icon alternatives for Sublime Text. Here are a little collection of the most noticeable ones:
- By Jon-Paul Lunney
- By Chris Lee
- By Daniel Matarazzo ★540 ⏳5Y
- By Ernest Ojeh
- By Shi Yan Hui ★5 ⏳4Y
- By Tomas Sykora ★11 ⏳4Y
- By Matheus Falcão
- PT Mono
- Anonymous Pro
- Adobe Source Code Pro ★12836
- Consolas (goes with Microsoft Office)
- Droid Sans Mono
- Deja Vu Sans Mono
- Fira Mono
- Bitstream Vera Sans Mono
- Input from Font Bureau
- Recommended Fonts for Programming? at StackOverflow.
- What are the best programming fonts?
- Progamming Fonts and Revisiting Programming Fonts at CodingHorror.
Other Bookmark Lists
There are a lot of other bookmarks collections on GitHub. Take a look at metabookmarks list: https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
This list is a copy of dreikanter/sublime-bookmarks with ranks