Ranked awesome lists, all in one place
This list is a copy of bulutyazilim/awesome-datascience with ranks
Awesome Data Science ★87749
An open source Data Science repository to learn and apply towards solving real world problems.
Table of contents
- What is Data Science?
- Data Sets
- Facebook Accounts
- Twitter Accounts
- YouTube Videos & Channels
- Toolboxes - Environment
- Journals, Publications and Magazines
- Data Science Competitions
- Other Awesome Lists
This part is for dummies who are new to Data Science
This is a shortcut path to start studying Data Science. Just follow the steps to answer the questions, “What is Data Science and what should I study to learn Data Science?”
First of all, Data Science is one of the hottest topics on the Computer and Internet farmland nowadays. People have gathered data from applications and systems until today and now is the time to analyze them. The next steps are producing suggestions from the data and creating predictions about the future. Here you can find the biggest question for Data Science and hundreds of answers from experts. Our favorite data scientist is Clare Corthell. She is an expert in data-related systems and a hacker, and has been working on a company as a data scientist. Clare’s blog. This website helps you to understand the exact way to study as a professional data scientist.
Secondly, Our favorite programming language is Python nowadays for #DataScience. Python’s - Pandas library has full functionality for collecting and analyzing data. We use Anaconda to play with data and to create applications.
|A visual guide to Becoming a Data Scientist in 8 Steps by DataCamp (img)|
|Mindmap on required skills (img)|
|Swami Chandrasekaran made a Curriculum via Metro map.|
|by @kzawadz via twitter, MarketingDistillery.com|
|And a male version, from another article by MarketingDistillery.com|
|By Data Science Central|
|From this article by Berkeley Science Review.|
|Data Science Wars: R vs Python|
|How to select statistical or machine learning techniques|
|Choosing the Right Estimator|
|The Data Science Industry: Who Does What|
|Data Science Venn Diagram|
|Different Data Science Skills and Roles from this article by Springboard|
|A simple and friendly way of teaching your non-data scientist/non-statistician colleagues how to avoid mistakes with data. From Geckoboard’s Data Literacy Lessons.|
What is Data Science?
- What is Data Science @ O’reilly
- What is Data Science @ Quora
- The sexiest job of 21st century
- What is data science
- What is a data scientist
- a very short history of #datascience
- An Introduction to Data Science, PDF.
- Data Science Methodology by John Rollins PhD
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist by Rutgers University
- A list of colleges and universities offering degrees in data science. ★85
- Data Science Degree @ Berkeley
- Data Science Degree @ UVA
- Data Science Degree @ Wisconsin
- Master of Information @ Rutgers
- MS in Computer Information Systems @ Boston University
- MS in Business Analytics @ ASU Online
- Data Science Engineer @ BTH
- MS in Applied Data Science @ Syracuse
- M.S. Management & Data Science @ Leuphana
- Coursera Introduction to Data Science
- Data Science - 9 Steps Courses, A Specialization on Coursera
- Data Mining - 5 Steps Courses, A Specialization on Coursera
- Machine Learning – 5 Steps Courses, A Specialization on Coursera
- CS 109 Data Science
- Data science MOOC
- CS 171 Visualization
- Process Mining: Data science in Action
- Oxford Deep Learning
- Oxford Deep Learning - video
- Oxford Machine Learning
- UBC Machine Learning - video
- Data Science Specialization ★2951
- Coursera Big Data Specialization
- Data Science and Analytics in Context by Edx
- Big Data University by IBM
- Udacity - Deep Learning
- Keras in Motion
- Academic Torrents
- data.gov - The home of the U.S. Government’s open data
- United States Census Bureau
- enigma.com - Navigate the world of public data - Quickly search and analyze billions of public records published by governments, companies and organizations.
- quandl.com - Get the data you need in the form you want; instant download, API or direct to your app.
- GeoLite Legacy Downloadable Databases
- Quora’s Big Datasets Answer
- Public Big Data Sets
- Houston Data Portal
- Kaggle Data Sources
- Kaggle Datasets
- A Deep Catalog of Human Genetic Variation
- A community-curated database of well-known people, places, and things
- Google Public Data
- World Bank Data
- NYC Taxi data
- Open Data Philly Connecting people with data for Philadelphia
- A list of useful sources A blog post includes many data set databases
- grouplens.org Sample movie (with ratings), book and wiki datasets
- UC Irvine Machine Learning Repository - contains data sets good for machine learning
- research-quality data sets by Hilary Mason
- National Climatic Data Center - NOAA
- ClimateData.us (related: U.S. Climate Resilience Toolkit)
- MapLight - provides a variety of data free of charge for uses that are freely available to the general public. Click on a data set below to learn more
- GHDx - Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation - a catalog of health and demographic datasets from around the world and including IHME results
- St. Louis Federal Reserve Economic Data - FRED
- New Zealand Institute of Economic Research – Data1850
- Dept. of Politics @ New York University
- Open Data Sources ★273
- UNICEF Statistics and Monitoring
- UNICEF Data
- NASA SocioEconomic Data and Applications Center - SEDAC
- The GDELT Project
- Sweden, Statistics
- Github free data source list
- StackExchange Data Explorer - an open source tool for running arbitrary queries against public data from the Stack Exchange network.
- San Fransisco Government Open Data
- IBM Blog abour open data
- Open data Index
- Liver Tumor Segmentation Challenge Dataset
- Public Git Archive
- Wes McKinney - Wes McKinney Archives.
- Matthew Russell - Mining The Social Web.
- Greg Reda - Greg Reda Personal Blog
- Kevin Davenport - Kevin Davenport Personal Blog
- Julia Evans - Recurse Center alumna
- Hakan Kardas - Personal Web Page
- Sean J. Taylor - Personal Web Page
- Drew Conway - Personal Web Page
- Hilary Mason - Personal Web Page
- Noah Iliinsky - Personal Blog
- Matt Harrison - Personal Blog
- Data Science Renee Documenting my path from “SQL Data Analyst pursuing an Engineering Master’s Degree” to “Data Scientist”
- Vamshi Ambati - AllThings Data Sciene
- Prash Chan - Tech Blog on Master Data Management And Every Buzz Surrounding It
- Clare Corthell - The Open Source Data Science Masters
- Paul Miller Based in the UK and working globally, Cloud of Data’s consultancy services help clients understand the implications of taking data and more to the Cloud.
- Data Science London Data Science London is a non-profit organization dedicated to the free, open, dissemination of data science. We are the largest data science community in Europe. We are more than 3,190 data scientists and data geeks in our community.
- Datawrangling by Peter Skomoroch. MACHINE LEARNING, DATA MINING, AND MORE
- John Myles White Personal Blog
- Quora Data Science - Data Science Questions and Answers from experts
- Siah a PhD student at Berkeley
- Data Science Report MDS, Inc. Helps Build Careers in Data Science, Advanced Analytics, Big Data Architecture, and High Performance Software Engineering
- Louis Dorard a technology guy with a penchant for the web and for data, big and small
- Machine Learning Mastery about helping professional programmers to confidently apply machine learning algorithms to address complex problems.
- Daniel Forsyth - Personal Blog
- Data Science Weekly - Weekly News Blog
- Revolution Analytics - Data Science Blog
- R Bloggers - R Bloggers
- The Practical Quant Big data
- Micheal Le Gal a data enthusiast who gets hooked on solving intriguing problems and crafting beautiful stories and visualizations with data. Over the past 5 years, He haas applied statistics to solve problems in government, brain sciences, and most recently, retail.
- Datascope Analytics data-driven consulting and design
- Yet Another Data Blog Yet Another Data Blog
- Spenczar a data scientist at Twitch. I handle the whole data pipeline, from tracking to model-building to reporting.
- KD Nuggets Data Mining, Analytics, Big Data, Data, Science not a blog a portal
- Meta Brown - Personal Blog
- Data Scientist is building the data scientist culture.
- WhatSTheBigData is some of, all of, or much more than the above and this blog explores its impact on information technology, the business world, government agencies, and our lives.
- Mic Farris Focusing on science, datascience, business, technology, and channeling inner geekness!
- Tevfik Kosar - Magnus Notitia
- New Data Scientist How a Social Scientist Jumps into the World of Big Data
- Harvard Data Science - Thoughts on Statistical Computing and Visualization
- Data Science 101 - Learning To Be A Data Scientist
- Kaggle Past Solutions
- NYC Taxi Visualization Blog
- Learning Lover
- Map Reduce Blog
- FastML Blog
- P-value - Musings on data science, machine learning and stats.
- Digital transformation
- Data Mania Blog
- The File Drawer - Chris Said’s science blog
- Emilio Ferrara’s web page
- Reddit TextMining
- Hilary Parker
- Data Stories
- Data Science Lab
- Meaning of
- Adventures in Data Land
- DATA MINERS BLOG
- FlowingData - Visualization and Statistics
- Calculated Risk
- O’reilly Learning Blog
- i am trask - A Machine Learning Craftsmanship Blog
- Vademecum of Practical Data Science - Handbook and recipes for data-driven solutions of real-world problems
- Dataconomy - A blog on the new emerging data economy
- Springboard - A blog with resources for data science learners
- Analytics Vidhya - A full-fledged website about data science and analytics study material.
- Occam’s Razor - Focused on Web Analytics.
- Data School - Data science tutorials for beginners!
- Colah’s Blog - Blog for understanding Neural Networks!
- Sebastian’s Blog - Blog for NLP and transfer learning!
- Distill - Dedicated to clear explanations of machine learning!
- Adversarial Learning
- Becoming a Data Scientist
- Data Crunch
- Data Skeptic
- Data Stories
- Learning Machines 101
- Linear Digressions
- Not So Standard Deviations
- Partially Derivative
- What’s The Point
- Python Data Science Handbook
- The Data Science Handbook
- The Art of Data Usability - Early access
- Think Like a Data Scientist
- R in Action, Second Edition
- Introducing Data Science
- Practical Data Science with R
- Exploring Data Science - free eBook sampler
- Exploring the Data Jungle - free eBook sampler
- Big Data Scientist
- Data Science 101
- Data Science Day
- Data Science Academy
- Facebook Data Science Page
- Data Science London
- Data Science Technology and Corporation
- Data Science - Closed Group
- Center for Data Science
- Big data hadoop NOSQL Hive Hbase
- Analytics, Data Mining, Predictive Modeling, Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data Analytics using R
- Big Data Analytics with R and Hadoop
- Big Data Learnings
- Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining & Statistics
- BigData/Hadoop Expert
- Data Mining / Machine Learning / AI
- Data Mining/Big Data - Social Network Ana
- Vademecum of Practical Data Science
- Veri Bilimi Istanbul
- The Data Science Blog
- Big Data Combine - Rapid-fire, live tryouts for data scientists seeking to monetize their models as trading strategies
Big Data Mania - Data Viz Wiz Data Journalist Growth Hacker Author of Data Science for Dummies (2015)
- Big Data Science - Big Data, Data Science, Predictive Modeling, Business Analytics, Hadoop, Decision and Operations Research.
- Charlie Greenbacker - Director of Data Science at @ExploreAltamira
- Chris Said - Data scientist at Twitter
- Clare Corthell - Dev, Design, Data Science @mattermark #hackerei
- DADI Charles-Abner - #datascientist @Ekimetrics. , #machinelearning #dataviz #DynamicCharts #Hadoop #R #Python #NLP #Bitcoin #dataenthousiast
- Data Science Central - Data Science Central is the industry’s single resource for Big Data practitioners.
- Data Science London Data Science. Big Data. Data Hacks. Data Junkies. Data Startups. Open Data
- Data Science Renee - Documenting my path from SQL Data Analyst pursuing an Engineering Master’s Degree to Data Scientist
- Data Science Report - Mission is to help guide & advance careers in Data Science & Analytics
- Data Science Tips - Tips and Tricks for Data Scientists around the world! #datascience #bigdata
- Data Vizzard - DataViz, Security, Military
- deeplearning4j -
- DJ Patil - White House Data Chief, VP @ RelateIQ.
- Domino Data Lab
- Drew Conway - Data nerd, hacker, student of conflict.
- Emilio Ferrara - #Networks, #MachineLearning and #DataScience. I work on #Social Media. Postdoc at @IndianaUniv
- Erin Bartolo - Running with #BigData–enjoying a love/hate relationship with its hype. @iSchoolSU #DataScience Program Mgr.
- Greg Reda Working @ GrubHub about data and pandas
- Gregory Piatetsky - KDnuggets President, Analytics/Big Data/Data Mining/Data Science expert, KDD & SIGKDD co-founder, was Chief Scientist at 2 startups, part-time philosopher.
- Hakan Kardas - Data Scientist
- Hilary Mason - Data Scientist in Residence at @accel.
- Jeff Hammerbacher ReTweeting about data science
- John Myles White Scientist at Facebook and Julia developer. Author of Machine Learning for Hackers and Bandit Algorithms for Website Optimization. Tweets reflect my views only.
- Juan Miguel Lavista - Principal Data Scientist @ Microsoft Data Science Team
- Julia Evans - Hacker - Pandas - Data Analyze
- Kenneth Cukier - The Economist’s Data Editor and co-author of Big Data (http://big-data-book.com ).
- Kevin Davenport - Organizer of https://meetup.com/San-Diego-R-Users-Group/
- Kevin Markham - Data science instructor, and founder of Data School
- Kim Rees - Interactive data visualization and tools. Data flaneur.
- Kirk Borne - DataScientist, PhD Astrophysicist, Top #BigData Influencer.
- Linda Regber - Data story teller, visualizations.
- Luis Rei - PhD Student. Programming, Mobile, Web. Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Robotics Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Data Science.
Mark Stevenson - Data Analytics Recruitment Specialist at Salt (@SaltJobs) Analytics - Insight - Big Data - Datascience
Matt Harrison - Opinions of full-stack Python guy, author, instructor, currently playing Data Scientist. Occasional fathering, husbanding, ult goalt-imate, organic gardening.
- Matthew Russell - Mining the Social Web.
- Mert Nuhoğlu Data Scientist at BizQualify, Developer
- Monica Rogati - Data @ Jawbone. Turned data into stories & products at LinkedIn. Text mining, applied machine learning, recommender systems. Ex-gamer, ex-machine coder; namer.
- Noah Iliinsky - Visualization & interaction designer. Practical cyclist. Author of vis books: http://www.oreilly.com/pub/au/4419
- Paul Miller - Cloud Computing/ Big Data/ Open Data Analyst & Consultant. Writer, Speaker & Moderator. Gigaom Research Analyst.
- Peter Skomoroch - Creating intelligent systems to automate tasks & improve decisions. Entrepreneur, ex Principal Data Scientist @LinkedIn. Machine Learning, ProductRei, Networks
- Prash Chan - Solution Architect @ IBM, Master Data Management, Data Quality & Data Governance Blogger. Data Science, Hadoop, Big Data & Cloud.
- Quora Data Science Quora’s data science topic
- R-Bloggers - Tweet blog posts from the R blogosphere, data science conferences and (!) open jobs for data scientists.
- Rand Hindi
- Randy Olson - Computer scientist researching artificial intelligence. Data tinkerer. Community leader for @DataIsBeautiful. #OpenScience advocate.
- Recep Erol - Data Science geek @ UALR
- Ryan Orban - Data scientist, genetic origamist, hardware aficionado
- Sean J. Taylor - Social Scientist. Hacker. Facebook Data Science Team. Keywords: Experiments, Causal Inference, Statistics, Machine Learning, Economics.
- Silvia K. Spiva - #DataScience at Cisco
- Spencer Nelson - Data nerd
- Talha Oz - Enjoys ABM, SNA, DM, ML, NLP, HI, Python, Java. Top percentile kaggler/data scientist
- Tasos Skarlatidis - Complex Event Processing, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Passionate about programming and open-source.
- Terry Timko - InfoGov; Bigdata; Data as a Service; Data Science; Open, Social & Business Data Convergence
- Tony Baer - IT analyst with Ovum covering Big Data & data management with some systems engineering thrown in.
Tony Ojeda - Data Scientist Author Entrepreneur. Co-founder @DataCommunityDC. Founder @DistrictDataLab. #DataScience #BigData #DataDC
- Vamshi Ambati - Data Science @ PayPal. #NLP, #machinelearning; PhD, Carnegie Mellon alumni (Blog: https://allthingsds.wordpress.com )
- Wes McKinney - Pandas (Python Data Analysis library).
WileyEd - Senior Manager - @Seagate Big Data Analytics @McKinsey Alum #BigData + #Analytics Evangelist #Hadoop, #Cloud, #Digital, & #R Enthusiast
- WNYC Data News Team - The data news crew at @WNYC. Practicing data-driven journalism, making it visual and showing our work. @SkymindIO’s open-source deep learning for the JVM. Integrates with Hadoop, Spark. Distributed GPU/CPUs | http://nd4j.org | https://www.skymind.ai/
Youtube Videos & Channels
- What is machine learning?
- Andrew Ng: Deep Learning, Self-Taught Learning and Unsupervised Feature Learning
- Deep Learning: Intelligence from Big Data
- Interview with Google’s AI and Deep Learning ‘Godfather’ Geoffrey Hinton
- Introduction to Deep Learning with Python
- What is machine learning, and how does it work?
- Data School - Data Science Education
- Neural Nets for Newbies by Melanie Warrick (May 2015)
- Neural Networks video series by Hugo Larochelle
- Google DeepMind co-founder Shane Legg - Machine Super Intelligence
- Data Science Primer
Toolboxes - Environment
- Datalab from Google easily explore, visualize, analyze, and transform data using familiar languages, such as Python and SQL, interactively.
- Hortonworks Sandbox is a personal, portable Hadoop environment that comes with a dozen interactive Hadoop tutorials.
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- RStudio IDE – powerful user interface for R. It’s free and open source, works onWindows, Mac, and Linux.
- Python - Pandas - Anaconda Completely free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing, predictive analytics, and scientific computing
- Scikit-Learn Machine Learning in Python
- NumPy NumPy is fundamental for scientific computing with Python. It supports large, multi-dimensional arrays and matrices and includes an assortment of high-level mathematical functions to operate on these arrays.
- SciPy SciPy works with NumPy arrays and provides efficient routines for numerical integration and optimization.
- Data Science Toolbox - Coursera Course
- Data Science Toolbox - Blog
- Wolfram Data Science Platform Take numerical, textual, image, GIS or other data and give it the Wolfram treatment, carrying out a full spectrum of data science analysis and visualization and automatically generating rich interactive reports—all powered by the revolutionary knowledge-based Wolfram Language.
- Datadog Solutions, code, and devops for high-scale data science.
- Kite Development Kit The Kite Software Development Kit (Apache License, Version 2.0), or Kite for short, is a set of libraries, tools, examples, and documentation focused on making it easier to build systems on top of the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Domino Data Labs Run, scale, share, and deploy your models — without any infrastructure or setup.
- Apache Flink A platform for efficient, distributed, general-purpose data processing.
- Apache Hama Apache Hama is an Apache Top-Level open source project, allowing you to do advanced analytics beyond MapReduce.
- Weka Weka is a collection of machine learning algorithms for data mining tasks.
- Octave GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations.(Free Matlab)
- Apache Spark Lightning-fast cluster computing
- Hydrosphere Mist ★180 - a service for exposing Apache Spark analytics jobs and machine learning models as realtime, batch or reactive web services.
- Caffe Deep Learning Framework
- Torch A SCIENTIFIC COMPUTING FRAMEWORK FOR LUAJIT
- Nervana’s python based Deep Learning Framework ★3558
- Skale - High performance distributed data processing in NodeJS
- Aerosolve - A machine learning package built for humans.
- Intel framework ★323 ⏳2Y - Intel® Deep Learning Framework
- Datawrapper – An open source data visualization platform helping everyone to create simple, correct and embeddable charts. Also at github.com ★909
- Tensor Flow - TensorFlow is an Open Source Software Library for Machine Intelligence
- Natural Language Toolkit
- nlp-toolkit for node.js
- Julia – high-level, high-performance dynamic programming language for technical computing
- IJulia ★1253 – a Julia-language backend combined with the Jupyter interactive environment
- Apache Zeppelin - Web-based notebook that enables data-driven, interactive data analytics and collaborative documents with SQL, Scala and more
- Featuretools ★1347 - An open source framework for automated feature engineering written in python
- Optimus ★259 - Cleansing, pre-processing, feature engineering, exploratory data analysis and easy ML with PySpark backend.
Visualization Tools - Environments
- Data-Driven Documents(D3js)
- Google Chart Gallery
- Opendata-tools - list of open source data visualization tools
- NetworkX - High-productivity software for complex networks
Journals, Publications and Magazines
- ICML - International Conference on Machine Learning
- Journal of Data Science - an international journal devoted to applications of statistical methods at large
- Big Data Research
- Journal of Big Data
- Big Data & Society
- Data Science Journal
- datatau.com/news - Like Hacker News, but for data
- Data Science Trello Board
- Medium Data Science Topic - Data Science related publications on medium
- How to Become a Data Scientist
- Introduction to Data Science
- Intro to Data Science for Enterprise Big Data
- How to Interview a Data Scientist
- How to Share Data with a Statistician ★4395
- The Science of a Great Career in Data Science
- What Does a Data Scientist Do?
- Building Data Start-Ups: Fast, Big, and Focused
- How to win data science competitions with Deep Learning
Some data mining competition platforms
Other Awesome Lists
- Other amazingly awesome lists can be found in the awesome-awesomeness ★21639 list.
- Awesome Machine Learning ★33352 A curated list of awesome Machine Learning frameworks, libraries and software.
- lists ★5050
- awesome-dataviz ★1665
- awesome-python ★51865
- Data Science IPython Notebooks. ★12907
- awesome-r ★2978
- awesome-datasets – An awesome list of high-quality open datasets in public domains
- awesome-Machine Learning & Deep Learning Tutorials
- Awesome Data Science Ideas
- Machine Learning for Software Engineers ★18977
- Community Curated Data Science Resources
This list is a copy of bulutyazilim/awesome-datascience with ranks