Ranked awesome lists, all in one place
This list is a copy of Kazhnuz/awesome-gnome with ranks
Awesome GNOME ★87749
A curated list of awesome apps, extensions, modules, themes and tools for the GNOME Desktop Environment.
Items marked with ![GNOME Core][GNOME Core] are applications officially maintained and distributed by the GNOME Project as part of the core set of applications and tools.
- GTK Modules and Systems
- Developer Tools
- GNOME Todo - Minimal task manager. ![GNOME Core][GNOME Core]
- GTimeLog ★82 - Simple app for keeping track of time.
- Gnome Pomodoro - Simple pomodoro timer.
- GNOME Web - Official web browser project of GNOME. ![GNOME Core][GNOME Core]
- Eolie - Web browser that uses vertical tabs.
- Geary - Modern mail client for GNOME, created originally by Yorba.
- FeedReader - RSS feeds reader.
- Corebird - Twitter client.
- Something for Reddit ★128 ⏳1Y - Reddit client for GNOME.
- Ring-GTK - GTK/GNOME client for Ring, a secure communication tool.
- GNOME Twitch - GTK/GNOME client for watching Twitch.
- Haguichi - Graphical frontend for Hamachi on Linux.
- Transmission Remote GNOME ★10 - Remote client for the Transmission torrent daemon.
- Fragments - GTK3 BitTorrent client
- UberWriter ★69 - Distraction-free Markdown editor for GNU/Linux made with GTK+
- NFO Viewer ★47 - Simple viewer for NFO files, beating text editors with preset font and encoding settings and clickable hyperlink support.
- Paperwork - Personal document manager for scanned documents and PDFs.
- Easy Ebook Viewer ★305 - Modern GTK Python app to easily read ePub files.
- Bookworm ★248 - Simple, focused eBook reader that looks good in GNOME.
- Showdown ★39 - Simple markdown viewer.
- Pdftag ★20 ⏳1Y - Simple metadata editor for PDFs
- Webmusic ★6 - Web-based music player that integrates your favorite music services into the desktop.
- Nuvola Player - Runtime for web-based music streaming services providing a more native user experience and integration with Linux desktop environments.
- Vocal ★163 - Powerful, beautiful, and simple podcast client for the modern free desktop.
- GNOME MPV ★200 - GUI for the MPV media player for GNOME.
- Lollypop - Beautiful music application.
- GRadio ★279 - Client for web-based radio.
- Parlatype - Audio player specialized for transcription.
- Pulseeffect ★480 - Provides limiter, compressor, reverberation, equalizer and auto volume effects for PulseAudio applications.
- Curlew - Multimedia converter for Linux
- Cozy ★120 - Audiobook player for Linux
- Coulr ★18 - Convert between RGB and hexadecimal codes for colours.
- GColor 3 - GTK3 color picker for GNOME.
- GThumb - Powerful and advanced application to manage your photos and images in GNOME.
- GNOME Games - Game launcher and an emulation frontend to libretro.
- GNOME Tweaks - Previously known as Tweak Tool. Graphical interface for advanced GNOME 3 settings.
- GNOME AppFolders Manager - Tool to manage the applications folder in the application overlay of GNOME.
- Menulibre - Manage your applications categories if you use a traditional application menu like Arc or the Application Menu.
- HydraPaper ★69 - Set a different background for each monitor on GNOME
- Catfish - Search application, created for XFCE but follows the GNOME HIG.
- Tilix - Tiling terminal emulator for GNOME.
- GPaste ★261 - Clipboard manager for GNOME (composed of an applicaiton and an extension).
- Peek ★2938 - Simple screen recorder that saves your recording as a GIF.
- Sequeler ★183 - SQL Client built in Vala
- systemd Manager ★463 - Tool to control and manage systemd.
GTK Modules and Systems
- Plotinus ★489 - Command palette for GTK3 Applications.
- Application Menu - Category-based menu for applications.
- Places Indicator - Menu that provides fast access to your folders.
- Arc Menu - Windows7-like application menu inspired by the one in Zorin OS.
- Cafeine - Applet that let you deactivate the GNOME lock screen.
- Removable Drive Menu - Status menu to show your removable drives.
- OpenWeather - Weather applet.
- Focusli ★41 - Ambient noise applet.
- Clipboard Indicator ★134 - Simple clipboard applet.
- Desk Changer ★36 - Wallpaper slideshow applet.
- Emoji Selector ★44 - Emoji picker applet.
- Media Player Indicator ★332 - Advanced MPRIS applet for GNOME.
- Todo.txt - GNOME Shell interface for todo.txt.
- Time ++ - A todo.txt manager, time tracker, timer, stopwatch, pomodoro, and alarm clock.
- MConnect ★166 - KDE Connect/MConnect integration for Gnome Shell
- Docker Integration ★66 - An extension for managing docker containers
- TopIcons Plus - Traditional systray for the status bar of GNOME.
- KStatusNotifiers/AppIndicator Support - Appindicator systray for GNOME.
- Argos - Turns executables’ standard output into panel dropdown menus; fully compatible with BitBar app for macOS.
- Extend Panel Menu ★36 - Divides the status menu into several applets.
- Window Corner Preview ★51 - Create and anchor preview of a window to a corener of the screen.
- Cascade Windows - Quickly arrange windows in a cascade.
- No Title Bar - Merges the activity bar and the title bar of maximized windows.
- gTile ★201 - Brings more advanced tiling to GNOME Shell.
- Shellshape - Tiling window extension for GNOME Shell.
Docks and Panels
- Dash-to-Dock - Transforms the GNOME Dash into a fully-featured dock.
- Workspace-to-Dock - Modern dock that fuses the functionalities of workspaces and docks.
- Dash-to-Panel - Modern taskbar/panel not unlike the ones on Windows 7+ and KDE.
- GMail Message Tray - Integrate GMail with your GNOME Desktop.
- Oomox ★513 - Generates different color variations of Numix and Materia themes (GTK2, GTK3), Gnome-Colors and Archdroid icons, and matching terminal colorschemes for them.
- Minwaita ★78 - Compact fork of Adwaita. (GTK, Shell)
- Adwaita Tweaks ★40 - Compact version of Adwaita, more faithful than minwaita but less compact. (GTK, Shell)
- Materia ★1784 - Material Design-like theme for GNOME/GTK+ based desktop environments. (GTK, Shell)
- Adapta ★2739 - Adaptive GTK+ theme based on Material Design Guidelines. (GTK, Shell)
- Vimix ★593 - A flat Material Design theme for GTK 3, GTK 2 and Gnome-Shell.
- Arc ★7406 - Flat theme with transparent elements. (GTK, Shell)
- Pop - Official theme of Pop!_OS by System76, using a two-color blue and orange scheme. (GTK, Shell)
- United ★316 - Unity8-inspired theme for GNOME. (GTK, Shell)
- Numix ★893 - Popular flat semi-dark theme with an orange touch. (GTK)
- Zukitre ★438 - Flat grey theme, part of the zuki-theme suite. (GTK, works with Zuki-Shell for the shell theme)
- Greybird ★258 - Official Xubuntu theme. (GTK)
- Vertex ★747 ⏳1Y - Metallic theme created by horst3180, the creator of Arc. (GTK, Shell)
- GNOME OSC ★39 - Theme that mimics the look and feel of macOS. (GTK, Shell)
- Zukitwo ★438 - Skeumorphic grey theme, part of the zuki-theme suite. (GTK, works with Zuki-Shell for the shell theme).
- Paper - Material icon theme.
- Papirus ★1756 - Material icon theme, initially based on Paper.
- Pop! - Official icon theme of Pop!_OS by System76, based on Papirus.
- La Capitaine ★920 - Icon inspired by macOS and Material Design guidelines.
- Moka - Simple squared icon theme, loosely based on the Tango specification.
- Obsidian ★70 - Continuation of the famous Faenza theme.
- Numix Circle ★358 - Flat rounded icon theme.
- Numix Square ★87 - Flat square icon theme.
- Elementary XFCE ★134 - Desktop-agnostic version of the icons of elementary OS.
- ComixCursors - X11 mouse theme with a comics feeling. Available in six colors and three variants (regular, slim and opaque).
- Bibata ★52 - Silm material-based cursor theme.
- Capitaine Cursors ★253 - An x-cursor theme inspired by macOS and based on KDE Breeze. Designed to be paired with La Capitaine icons.
- GNOME News Feed - Official news posts from GNOME.
- Planet GNOME - Federation of GNOME Developers’ blogs
- Stack Overflow
@gnomeon GNU Social
#gnomeon GIMPNet - General-purpose GNOME IRC channel (complete list of channels)
- GNOME Wiki
- GNOME Community on Google+
- GNOME Builder - Official IDE for creating GNOME applications.
Libraries and Utility
- libdazzle - Companion library to GObject and Gtk+, providing various features that the creators wish were in the underlying library but cannot add for various reasons.
- Hello - Set of Hello World examples for GNOME in different languages.
- GNOME Newcomers Wiki - Perfect place to start contributing to GNOME.
- GNOME Developer Center - Contains all the official GNOME documentations.
- Valadoc - Documentation about Vala.
- The Python GTK+ 3 Tutorial - Introduction to writing GTK+ 3 applications in Python.
[GNOME Core]: https://cdn.rawgit.com/kazhnuz/awesome-gnome/master/images/gnome-icon-symbolic.svg
This list is a copy of Kazhnuz/awesome-gnome with ranks